Ice Labs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice labs forum, a forum for everything you need!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Covining our parents...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Covining our parents... Empty
PostSubject: Covining our parents...   Covining our parents... EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Ok, I have a few ideas on how to convince our parents to support us (particularly in the driving/financial area) so here they are.

You know how when you ask about stuff, paintball for example, and your parents always say "we'll talk about it later" and you have no choice but t sit there and wait? A thing you can try is right after they say that, go run for about 20-30min. My mom was really confused, and SHE asked me to talk to her about paintball. I was happy. :D

Another thing you can try is explain to them how close to "normal" competitive sport is. With practices, games, and tournaments and such. (This is one thing you don't really want to throw yourself into without knowing anything about it, cuz you get stuck) Talk about it as being an opportunity to be outside and get in shape on top of whatever else it is you do. Which sadly for me is nothing, so I'm hoping that it can become my sport.

If your parents have problems with guns and don't want you shooting your neighbors car, you can discus solutions with them that make them comfortable. Ex. hiding the gun +/or air-co2 tank when not in use. Propose them to come watch you play once or twice so they can see it's a safe sport and that no, it's not anything like war. (I know thats a bold statement, and I'm not willing to argue it with anyone who thinks otherwise, thats not the point) Anyways, once your parents get involved in it more they'll be WAY more supportive.

hope this will hep at least one person...
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Covining our parents... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covining our parents...   Covining our parents... EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:01 pm

Ya definitly a few good ideas. I saw another guide on a paintball forum..... lemme see if I can find it.

Lol after 10 min of searching i found it:

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216266&highlight=convincing+parents
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com

Covining our parents...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ice Labs Forum  :: Recreation :: Vice's :: Paintball General-
Jump to: