Ice Labs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice labs forum, a forum for everything you need!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gears of War II

Go down 
+3
Crazychristian
AILD
Jake
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
Initiate
Initiate
Jake

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyWed May 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Hey this is Jake. Are you guys planning on getting Gears of War II. Do you guys know when you can start pre-ordering it. This time I want to be the first one to get it not the last. Cool Forum by the way Christian.
Back to top Go down
http://starcitygames.com
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyWed May 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey Jake, it's Val.

Well, seeing as I don't have a 360 I won't be getting the game, and sry but I don't know when you can start preordering GoWII.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyWed May 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Hey jake, a few of my friends and I were discussiong GOW2 a week ago or so... It is not supposed to come out for a while yet, (I heard it was coming out by 2008 holidays, but it will probably be pushed back for more development time. And as for pre-ordering just look at stes like bestbuy, gamestop, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:37 pm

um u can preorder it already i think b/c andy already has. idk where.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:33 pm

hey guys, its coming out in november, so I'll probably get it for xmas or something. looks cool. now that i play rainbox 6, i love the cover system and can't wait for GOW2. we should start a clan or something once it comes out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/IWAZB0RED
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:10 pm

lol jeff. I am definitly NOT going to get it because I hated GOW...Rainbow 6 however pwns. I am going to get Bioshock 2 though that is going to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:44 pm

I've never really played it b4, I will thoguh in NJ because my frineds obssesed with it. I thikn I'll like it though because I really like the cover system (like I've alreasdy stated) and 3rd person is pretty cool and I like videogames with alien vs human stuff (but I think I've played Halo 3 too much and almost abused its goodness). The graphics are also really good as I've seen in some preview things on gametraliers.com which I think is the best website for looking at videos for games.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:58 am

GOW was an ok game, the new one is said to be particularly gory :face: I'm exited to see what all the fuss is about...
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:43 pm

The main reason I hated GOW was third person. Seriously that ruined the game. I got all confused and I gave up on the first level. But I am not saying the cover system is bad, I like vegas where it is 3rd person when you are using cover, but that is it.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:45 pm

I like the 3rd person thing. It took a little while to get used to at first, but then I didnt want to go back. The only problem I have with gears is that when you sprint, you dont turn that much. Otherwise, I think its really fun.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:46 pm

It took me a while to get used to the 3rd person view in Vegas and in GOW it just made it confusing to use weapons eaisly.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:05 pm

if i can i will get it but i have a feeling because of the cover system if i get to a good rank it will be really frustrating. but yah it sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 pm

I am actually thinking about gears of war. I don't hate it now, I am just not really keen to get it. But hey when it comes out, I may have changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Scott - Online is a piece of cake once you get used to it. The cover system doesn't really work that well anyways. For online, the most important thing is definitely the SHOTGUN!!! I'd say thats the first thing you should do if your willing to play online. The second most important thing is knowing where all the other weapons are on the map (which everyone will be learning still in GOW2).

Christian - YAH!!! It's really fun once you start playing it a bunch. I didn't like it at first, but once you get used to it, it's a lot of fun! Also, since the small teams online....there is some really good strategical gameplay with the online community. I always end up talking to my team about things that have to do with the game. Everyone makes up nicknames for certain spots so you know what/where their talking about. It's a lot of fun (again)!

Everyone Interested - Well...Matt. I hope you don't spend too much time at my house to play this...(jk)...but I'm greatly anticipating this! I'm not looking into it because I have ruined many other games by over-anticipating them (halo 3, cod 4, rock band). It kinda ruins the game when you already know whats gonna happen because you've watched other people do it 10 thousand times (demos...). I'm really looking forward to it and hope you guys all like it (who have a xbox 360)!
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:29 pm

i seem to be good at vegas and gow cuz it makes sense to me. im not bragging, i dont own the game so i still suck but as far as noobs go im pretty good. i was beating jeff online, but that was partially luck and that i had good support from my teammate. but jeff's better than me im not denying that. but games that are realistic (i.e. need to use cover, bob and weave, etc.) make sense to me and i do well. like airsoft. oh goodness i cant wait to get my guns.

AGAIN I NO I SUCK AT SHOOTERS. just clarifying. but im beast at swbf2 but thats cuz its the only shooter i play... and soldat. but its got so few pixels that its like not a computer game...
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 pm

DUDE!!! I looked at some more things online about it. It looks SOOOOO awesome! The hammerburst is no longer a burst rifle, but semi-auto (kinda contradictory to its title). All the weapons have wayyyy better graphics and look wayyy better. You can use dead people as "meatshields" which is part of a new gametype online. There are now 5vs5 games (old was 4vs4). The "meatflag" game is where you down someone (don't exactly kill them...), grab their dead body, and take it back to your base for a point. You can now use your guns as cover (I thought that was weird)? Much longer campaign mode (YAHHH!!!!!). There is now a MAJOR difference in between all the active reload times. There is a new pistol that is burst fire (replacing hammerburst from first game). Graphics are WAYYYY better than the first (which is hard because the first had really good graphics anyways). All the gameplay is in a lighter setting than the original. You fight much bigger things than in the original. In multiplayer, "Guardian" game type: like assassination (V.I.P.) from first game, but you spawn until the leader dies. MATCHMAKING!!!!!! What else.........ITS GONNA BE @%#$&$% AWESOME!!! I'm gonna preorder it ASAP...
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:30 pm

#!(@#$&@*% it all this preordering u rich ppl... im a grumpy poor kid... well for edina at least.

haha jeff use parentheses much?
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Woah matt. Parentheses are cool (When the are needed), but they are not cool when not needed (self explanatory huh?). It helps serve as an aside comment (Much to like what actors did in the elizabethan eara)...Ill stop.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 pm

HA, so few pixels... lol...
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 6:54 pm

hey its the truth. each pixel is like bigger than a magic card... so i might as well play magic. but i dont.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 3:46 pm

don't play magic, plz. save yourself! and have fun with your airsoft :tongue:
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 4:51 pm

will do
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 5:22 pm

when are you getting your guns btw?
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 pm

probably the day after i do u-haul stuff. the jerry's thing doesnt seem to be happening (scott u too?) so ill need money from there and my parents owe me a fair amount and my mom's like ASK DAD FOR MONEY CMON but it kinda bugs me cuz i just asked like two weeks into may. idk some say thats long enough but im weird.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:04 pm

yah dude i did you even have an interview? I had one and i had a resume and cover letter and later sent the thank you letter. But I heard from my friend that friday of last week they weren't even accepting application from kids. They haven't called back so at the moment i have to assume that means no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gears of War II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War II   Gears of War II Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears of War II
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ice Labs Forum  :: Recreation :: Vice's :: Xbox-
Jump to: