Ice Labs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice labs forum, a forum for everything you need!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music tastes...

Go down 
+3
Joe
AILD
Crazychristian
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What is your favourite type of music?
Classic Rock
Music tastes... Vote_lcap0%Music tastes... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock
Music tastes... Vote_lcap50%Music tastes... Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Heavy Metal
Music tastes... Vote_lcap40%Music tastes... Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Hardcore Metal
Music tastes... Vote_lcap10%Music tastes... Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Blues
 0% [ 0 ]
Country
 0% [ 0 ]
Rap
 0% [ 0 ]
Grunge
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Vote here for the type of music you like best. And post about it (and please say something that carries the discussion on). PLease remember to have respect and no flaming other people if they like different music than you. It's all music.
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:27 pm

I can't really chose between hardcore and heavy metal, I like them both a lot... Bands I listen to all the time: Obituary, As I Lay Dying, Arch Enemy, Slayer, Rammstein, Three Day's Grace, As Blood Runs Black. Thats about my usual daily play list. I'll come up with a few of my fav songs and fav people who are in the bands.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:28 pm

Most of the stuff you just posted is hardcore btw...heavy metal is stuff like led zepplin, and AC/DC
Back to top Go down
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Yes my opinion on the definition of Heavy Metal has been listened to! Well I guess this isn't really unrelated so I will post it here- the generic (wikipedia/iTunes/other sites) defenition of the genres you posted. Just to clarify.
Heavy Metal-
developed- 1960s /1970s
definition- thick, massive sound, characterized by highly amplified distortion and extended guitar solos. Allmusic states that "of all rock & roll's myriad forms, heavy metal is the most extreme in terms of volume, machismo, and theatricality."
examples- Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple, Aerosmith
Classic Rock
developed- 1950s/early 1960s
definition- umm i guess its kinda a sub category of rock... but i suppose its more of an era than a genre
examples- Eagles, Beatles, Kansas
Hardcore Metal
developed- late '90s/ early '00s
definition- (mostly from wikipedia) melodic, emphasizes breakdowns, and sometimes discards the conceptual trappings of both its parent genres, (punk/metal)
examples- AILD, Killswitch, Biohazard
'Rock'
developed- uhhhhh well
definition- this pretty much encompasses the other genres you threw out... but... "popular music with a prominent vocal melody, (sometimes) accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass.
examples- the list goes on
Blues
developed- 1910s/20's
definition- another big one, since it was the founder of rock, but here goes. Uses blues/pentatonic scale with vocal melody and instrumental accompaniment. Not much, huh?
examples- Muddy Waters, BB King, Les Paul

The other stuff is self explanatory. Wow that took a long time.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm

dang, then i guess i need to change my vote...

Can I?
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:09 pm

val > you cannot change your vote...I may be able to but I don't want to, it does not really matter.

joe > I have a chart of music types...I mostly got it because I wanted to get my facts straight, but it shows the orgins of rock and the offsprings it has.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/12/44/59/93/ae692d12.jpg
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Thats ok, I don't really care. I like the rock chart Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:37 pm

hah nice chart christian. definately... your type of music there. They missed QUITE a few spots though, focusing on the 'death metal' type thing more than the whole HUGE categories of Alternative and bluegrass. But w/e. I think they got some of the influencers wrong though. I wouldnt say SOAD's main influencers were Cannibal Corpse and Arch Enemy...
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Arch Enemy yes, Listen to their drum parts, their very similar. And the bass parts sometimes have close similarities.
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:13 pm

ok this forum is very expansive with many topics for what, seven people? but whatever. 's coo'.

soooooooooooooooooooooooo anyway it was tough for me cuz i listen to everything... so yeah. but anyway. it seems to me that no one here likes staind. wah. but jeff likes seether so woot. there's my music contribution.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy and z
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:17 pm

I agree with matt, btw dont put a bunch of letters and CAPS and stuff, its annoying. But yeah, I dont really have a favorite genre because I listen to everything.

Whatever, I just put heavy metal, thats the median I guess of all the stuff I like.

I'd consider that with hardcore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/IWAZB0RED
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:07 pm

oh btw they dont have black metal. its got one band so far, celtic frost. im not makin this up.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm with Jeff, sry Matt.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:18 pm

towerdude wrote:
oh btw they dont have black metal. its got one band so far, celtic frost. im not makin this up.

uh...no. There are tons of black metal bands. And plus you don't even listen to Black Metal.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Give me the lists of some bands, I'd like to sample the music
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:16 pm

AILD wrote:
Give me the lists of some bands, I'd like to sample the music

Just go onto google. But honestly I think black metal is crap. No music at all just noise.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Thank you I looked it up and walked away to get some water. When I came back I thought that noisy stock car was outside my house but it turned out to be the song... (jk i made that up, but that is what it sounds like.) Hmm but I cant tell the diff between that and some of your other bands like AILD and Arch Enemy
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Ok, yeah I heard what you were talking about. The music is just a bunch of noise, no melody at all, horrible lyrics. Just crapy music.

And the difrence Joe is that Black Metal is sensless noise, where AILD and Arch Enemy actaully put though in their songs
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:00 pm

Joe wrote:
Thank you I looked it up and walked away to get some water. When I came back I thought that noisy stock car was outside my house but it turned out to be the song... (jk i made that up, but that is what it sounds like.) Hmm but I cant tell the diff between that and some of your other bands like AILD and Arch Enemy

Don't say that. That is saying Led zepplin sounds like elephants dying. So not true. There is melody in AILD and none in black metal (or well little). The lyrics are totally different. For example All Shall Perish says they detest life etc. AILD sings about many things and stuff like hope.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:31 pm

well ya I see your point about the lyrics but I mean about the sounds. Also, sometimes LZ sounds like a dyong elephant =)
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyMon May 26, 2008 2:05 pm

The sounds are incomparable. If you are used to listening to this 'type' of music you can make a major difference. Listen to the level of repetition alone and you'll see something change. Particularly in the drum and bass parts.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Joe, I just think you need to be more flexible with music. Ya, if you dont like something, it doesnt mean its random noise. I agree with Christian about AILD's lyrics vs black metal as well. I guess you just have to work your way up to liking that kind of music by listening heavier and heavier, I think your comparing it to what you like at the moment and are ignorant to other peoples likes that you dislike. If that makes sense, I hope this argument will stop because (no offense) you guys argue alot about music; so bring the tone down a notch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/IWAZB0RED
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:44 pm

k christian first of all so what if i dont, im just saying that its out there. and who says i dont? i heard celtic frost on mtv like three years ago and i followed them a bit.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:48 pm

towerdude wrote:
k christian first of all so what if i dont, im just saying that its out there. and who says i dont? i heard celtic frost on mtv like three years ago and i followed them a bit.

I said you dont what? Listen to black metal?
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:38 am

Thank you Jeff for reminding us all that it's a possibility to disagree, and that if we don't understand why and ask only to still not understand why, then we just have to deal with it. If that makes any more sense than what Jeff said, which made some after a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music tastes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music tastes...   Music tastes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Music tastes...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next