Ice Labs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice labs forum, a forum for everything you need!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)

Go down 
+3
asdfghjkledzeppelin
towerdude
Joe
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:00 pm

hey i count
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:44 pm

Jakob- true long time no... communication I guess is the word for lack of a better term. how are ya?

PEEPS!-As far as playing at my house in Minnetonka, thats gonna be fine for a while cuz I'm moving so everything'l be in boxes. But then for you guys it's probably not too easy to get to... In August I'll be in Edina and that will be better, I'll live in my old house with a few new renovations downstairs. (it's gonna be MY house down there...)

Joe- I play loud enough that I wear ear plugs all the time. And it's especially loud when your in front of the bass drum, Christan, or was it Matt,, figured that out the interesting feel-your-legs-tremble way.

Now then, about music. How are we gonna plan on getting parts for all of us? I can do some drum tabs by ear and vocals are easy, but for guitar and bass what are we gonna do? Go online and get tabs that really aren't reliable or buy the sheet music online for cheaper than in books?

Also the subject of the songs we can attempt to play, I think it a good idea to get a rather large list of songs we'd all like to play, site read, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:47 am

Srry, I would hav posted more except my parents got mad at me for having a C+ in econ....so anyways:

Jakob: Joe told me you were wayyyyy better than me on guitar? But you said I was better? idk, but it looks like I'm lead then Smile

Matt: Didn't know the choir boy thing, but thats your head voice for most parts (aka falsetto) not throat voice (which is used for singing rock stuff, which you probably know). I don't want to keep picking on you that you cant sing high, I bet you can, but I always see you sing lower (But I always sing lower around friends too just because I get spooked in front of people a bit, EXCEPT JOE!)

Christian: Bass line with vox would be cool, dont take that as an insult, thats a whole new innovative line that will sound really good with everything else and will overall support the whole band.

Scott: Plz dont take any ofense to what im about to say. Your still learning right now and can barely play day tripper up to speed. As of right now, you cant be in the band because when were still learning about eachother and getting in sync and stuff, I dont want you struggling along not understanding half the stuff I'm telling you. So until you get better, you're not gonna be in the band. Sorry, but I think you'll understand for right now.

Joe: It looks like you're rhythm then. Your gonna have to use picks more and get use to them and make it sound smoother. Thats not too hard to learn. I'll show you my technique so that you can learn faster (hopefully). Try to learn just bar/power chords and USE DISTORTION!!! Play with power chords like me because as rhythm, you WILL use it in this band.

Val, so it looks like your house is the best place to go. Garages are usually the best place, but idk how your house is. I can probably get ther often because my parents like to drive alot and their plans arent that busy this summer. My dad quit and now is off work, so thats a good bet for me.

EVERYONE: I think I can give people rides if you need them. Not too many though because my dads BMW isnt that big and could only take probably 2 people w/intruments (MEBE 3 with matt). Also, does anyone have a microphone? I have one, but my sister like druels all over it so thats not really usable. If anyone has one, post below.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/IWAZB0RED
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:17 am

Ok Jeff, just a general thing, I always thought that if everybody did guitar we would have like a 7 guitar band. So that is one of the reasons I got a bass.

But I really suck and I want help. Jacob could you show me some stuff on the bass? That would be great. I like the 2 bass idea, but this sounds like it is going to be a big band, and Jacob would be the lead bass I guess.

I can also move myself around on my bike and bass EXCEPT for the amp. I can't carry that.
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:25 am

As for the mic, I don't have one, and were also gonna need some pretty nice (big) amps to hook all of us up so that we can actaully hear ourselfs and eachother. My garage would work well, but I'd need to get a drum matt but thats not a problem. It would also be really nice if all you guys could have like an amp or two that would stay at my house so that we don't always have to carry those things around, and it would make getting to practices a lot eaiser.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm thinking about getting another amp (marshall mebe 30w or more). That way I could keep that there because I never play that loud at my house because my parents freak. I have like 180 bucks right now and can probably get one pretty soon. We should really plan a date to meet up though, I'm free anytime (I think we'll be going around Val's schedule the most because it looks like his garage is the meeting place). Joe's amp is good and I think Jakob has big amps because he and Joe were talking about them once in school. As for the mic amp, i hav no clue. Singing should be pretty loud so that it doesnt sound like an annoying mumble in the background that no one can understand (like anna colemans band....ugh). Any amp works though. It should be fairly big though; anyone pitch in an extra amp if u hav one at least 30w or bigger because I know Matt doesnt have one.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm

uh mebe if I get the money. But dont forget that even 15 watt tube marshalls are 260 @ guitar center. If you dont care for tube tone, you can get a 30 for kinda what you have. Not marshall though. Thats a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:26 pm

K then. I'll look into cheaper amps with the same power. I want a bigger amp though and we'll need it to hear it over the drums.
Back to top Go down
asdfghjkledzeppelin

asdfghjkledzeppelin

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:55 pm

everyone- whaha wastage time. 150 watt speaker. we can basically put all the guitars on there, or whatever, sounds nice with vox too, but it has two inputs w/o a mixing board, but i can use a oard too, so really we could have anything on there. and then i have a 25w Fender w/spfx that sounds loud (i've payed at school in the theatre a couple of times and it fills it rather well) and a 15w bass amp. oh and like a couple 10's and i can borrow my bands drummers' 100w if we really need it, but sounds like i've got the overkill already.

matt- actually yea ... i think i covered it in the everyone.... k later
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Whoa, thats crazy jakob! Well then, that solved some problems. I didn't catch if you had a soundboard or not, do you? Idk how expensive they are, but that might be a good idea, alot easier to organize sounds rather than everyone walking over to their amps and saying "how bout this?" if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Great, we have the amp problem under control, what about a speaker though?
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Dunno, dont really know the difference. Thought they were practically the same thing? Guess not. Whats the difference plz?
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:19 pm

By speaker I meant mic... oops, I'm tired...I don't think there is one, just that we probably need a stand to sing and play t the same time (Jeff) and just a basic mic.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:22 pm

Ok, I think we should buy a new mic thats really good so it doesnt sound like (again) ellens band groaning. i dont know qualities of mics or stands, but we should all buy one together or something. But a good mic is important.
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Yeah, cuz a bad mic will hinder us when we try to do cool stuff with our voices...hehehe
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Ya, I jsut thought of sumtin though. What about backup mics? Those half to be decent also. Ugh... money is becoming a problem.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:48 pm

lol we should try rockband mics they look pretty official
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:04 pm

They "look" nice... and they are usb not ampable. crap... yeah money is gonna be a bit of a problem. do you guys know if you could get your parents to pitch in for the cause? that would help a lot.
Back to top Go down
towerdude
Apprentice
Apprentice
towerdude

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:06 pm

my parents and money are not gonna convene for this cause, u no how it is... god i hate money... =(
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:08 pm

yeah... let's count for $20 from parents...
Back to top Go down
asdfghjkledzeppelin

asdfghjkledzeppelin

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:55 am

yea it is a speaker, and i dont have a working soundboard now, but i can borrow one, or buy one soon. and the mic thing i could borrow but it'd be better if we got our own. and we'd need.... 1 for main, and proably like 2 backing mics... idk
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:48 am

Ya, that would be the best scenario. We should all pitch in to pay for this. For mics, this is a good package for the price here . I don't think those are the best quality ones though. I can't tell by looking, but I bet there not that great. Mics get expensive though, so I think these would be good for now.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:06 am

yah but we dont need pro equipment at the moment. we just need stuff to start with
Back to top Go down
AILD
VIP
VIP
AILD

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:07 am

The mic set looks great, and if we all pich in it won't cost us that much. As for just getting stuff that works, if we could find some used ones that aren't too beat up that would be realy nice.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:31 pm

I am going to get a distortion pedal for really cheap for mah bass :D

Or well...I hope to find a cheap one on ebay.
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)   We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Will be up on Cripple Creek, (band ideas)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next