Ice Labs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice labs forum, a forum for everything you need!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please stop double posting...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

Please stop double posting... Empty
PostSubject: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:48 pm

I see people double posting all the time. Please stop. If you want to add osmething after you have posted, all you have to do is look at your previous post and press edit and then you can add to your post and add what you want to say. This helps clear up the topics and it also helps prevent everybody posting three one lined posts, instead of one three lined post.

I have been deleteing the double post and editing the previous post for you guys, but now I will stop doing that and I will just delete the double post. Or triple or more. And I will not retype the info. So just to save both of us the hassle, just edit your previous posts, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com
0.0 Atom 0.0
Apprentice
Apprentice
0.0 Atom 0.0

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySat May 31, 2008 1:32 pm

but christian after a while it doesnt allow us to edit the post anymore
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySat May 31, 2008 11:39 pm

wtf does it matter if we double post it seems you are the only one who cares about most of the things on the forum. You just need to let it run its course its not like a double post is going to hurt anyone and 1 extra post about extra info is definately not spam. Its less work if you just leave it alone. But i will not intentionaly double post just dont delete it if it is an accident.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm

shut up scott. double posting is really annoying. i agree with christian on this one. i edit posts all the time. just dont double post. scott, youve quadruple posted a couple times. just edit and make one long one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/IWAZB0RED
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:33 pm

jeff how is it annoying at all ps show me where ive quarduple posted i really dont believe that.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:52 pm

I actually think it was a triple post, im too lazy to find it right now. But it is annoying because its like your talking to urself or trying to get more posts. just edit the old one, it isnt that difficult
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Ya jeff is right scott. Just grow up and click edit. If you dont I will delete your old post. It is that simple.

Oh and jeff do you want to change your name?
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 4:41 pm

christian you and jeff agree with each other for all these things i already know that! i need someone elses opinion. Why would you waste your own time to delete a second post. And how does an extra post bug you as long as its sayiong something different.
Back to top Go down
0.0 Atom 0.0
Apprentice
Apprentice
0.0 Atom 0.0

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:00 pm

also christian uve tripleposted
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:25 pm

That is in the news section. Just updating. If you want me to I can edit.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

ok, kinda off topic, but it wouldnt let me edit one of my posts! grrrr, w/e, i think it might hav been a weird laggy/glitchy thing though.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 pm

thats what i was talking about we need to make the time to edit longer. That happened to my big post above.
and christian you dont need to change your double or triple (whatever) post because frankly no one cares if you have a double post unless jeff nags you to change it or you feel compelled to change it dont change it it doesnt matter. BTW you probably won't be able to edit because it gives you like a 3 min time space after you first post to edit.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:12 pm

ya i odnt intentionally double post but sometimes it doesnt let you edit. then i have to. i dont know if you could change the edit time but that would help.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:17 pm

I am sorry about that guys, that was my fault. I looked into that and it said the window for editing was 3 minutes...thats gay, so I set it to 4 days.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Alright, I'm not gonna write on the other thing that I'm not supposed to write on (even though christian did), but I have a few things to say. First off, me and christian dont always agree on things, that makes no sense. We frequently disagree about music and whatnot. Secondly, double posting. Now that the window has opened up to 4 days there should be no problem. Here we go.....You know when you're supposed to turn off all electronic devices in planes? Or that you're not supposed to wear hats in school? Those rules are total BS, but they are just used to clean up the field they are composed in. Now scott, really, you are getting WAY too excited about this. I think it would just be a good idea to clean up this forum by stating only 1 post at a time. Thats NOT that unreasonable. And also, swearing. Sometimes I want to, but just try to be more mature on this forum. It looks to me like you are trying to turn this forum into an unorganized pile of "potty mouth". I think we should just keep it organized, you know? I wont get mad if 4 days has passed and you feel like saying something else and no one has replied though. But lets just try to keep this forum running, and not running into the ground. I'm trying to be reasonable here, you need to stop being a rebel and go with the flow a little bit.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:04 pm

are you kiddding me no cellphones in planes is to not have waves in the air that could mess with the directions they are getting from the control towers http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question230.htm. And when i said you agreed on everything you guys are saying i meant for the forum. Since when have I advocated swearing I have said only one word and it wasn't even directed towards you it was who *flipping* cares. PS double posting isn't going to run the forum into the ground. Face it these things you've been saying have no evidence to back it up. the cellphone thing, the *reasons* why double posting is bad( this is ify it is kinda opinion), me quadruple posting. have evidence before you write something down. I am not being a rebel because i am going against 2 of 10 people and some of the others (more than 2) are against the double posting things because i have talked to them Jeff (also something you don't know).

PS when is the last time i have double posted??????
I am not advocating double posting im just saying if it happens it happens and you should delete the post. Heres an idea christian if you want just copy what the 2nd post says if its different and edit it into the first post. You don't need to delete the info because it would take just as much effort to do this than delete the post and i certainly would be really happy. That is a compromise i would be willing to do and we could get this over with.
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Wow scott you are obviously not listening to him.

First, you have said more than one swear word

Second you have double posted, I delete the posts after all.

Holy crap scott....I already edit the first post and put the info of the second post in. Unless the second post is flaming.

Last edited by Crazychristian on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:09 pm

go to my link read the WHOLE thing

what else have i said please give evidence if you are confident then i will be satisfied

i did'nt say i havent double posted.i just said i havent quadruple posted. and i havent double posted except for once on purpose for effect and another time when it glitched and it put my same message twice during the duration of this discussion.

well then just copy and paste you summarize just leave it as is.

"I have been deleteing the double post and editing the previous post for you guys, but now I will stop doing that and I will just delete the double post. Or triple or more. And I will not retype the info. So just to save both of us the hassle, just edit your previous posts, thanks."

you dont need to retype just copy and paste which is way easier.
so you havent been doing that.
and if you have this all started because of a typo.

Last edited by scott on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:02 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 pm

btw, I didnt say cellphones, I said electronic devices. I was referring to a gameboy or computer or something. I know phones mess things up.
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 pm

rules about planes (which could cause crashes and kill people) are much different than rules about a forum.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:22 pm

Every other forum out there gets pissed when people double post. It's just a generic rule. GET USED TO IT!
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:24 pm

but we dont have to get mad because others get mad thats kinda dumb no offense.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:28 pm

I'm really getting annoyed that you are going against a generic rule that is used by all other forums. Why don't you go up to the president and ask him to get rid of security metal detectors at airports? Because it keeps the world safer. This is keeping the forum better. Idc what else you say, I'm standing by my opinion to the end that double posting WILL stop. You really dont want me to turn this into a fight. I'm trying to stay calm, but you're keeping me away from it. Just dont do it. Its that simple! One post is fine, you dont have to put another post in, just edit. You are entitled to ONE post. That should be a rule. I'm gonna stop b4 I say something I regret...
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:33 pm

dude im not mad either I havent been mad this whole time. and how can you compare saving lives and making a forum"better"? How is it hard for you to see the differences? How is it hard for you to stay calm we are just having a friendly debate about an issue that i and you care about?
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Psht...friendly. You're getting pissed, dont deny it. I was blowing things out of proportion a bit when I said the security thing. But the point was that the president has those to keep his country safe. And you just said that double posting keeps it not *clean*. You just need to face it that those are the rules for forums. I'm ending this discussion right here. Those are the rules. Just dont do it! Editing is fine. Christian, I suggest you make the time for editing for ever or something so that its no problem to not double post. I have nothing further to say and I dont think you should reply scott. Just live with the fact that double posting is annoying because the rest of the world thinks so too and I agree with the rest of the world. Thats how you're a rebel btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... Empty

Back to top Go down

Please stop double posting...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ice Labs Forum  :: General :: Off topic-
Jump to: