Ice Labs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice labs forum, a forum for everything you need!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please stop double posting...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

Please stop double posting... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:21 am

Day0boi wrote:
Just live with the fact that double posting is annoying because the rest of the world thinks so too and I agree with the rest of the world. Thats how you're a rebel btw.
well i think i will reply you because your arguments are weak and if i didnt reply you would have it the way you want it and i would be at were i started(im not that dumb). First of all other forums are not this forum this forum is personalized for us. secondly so far only you and christian care and matt and me and (maybe adam and joe from what i recall) dont care that means that for this forum most people don't care and we should personalize this forum to us and not others. You can't say the rest of the world because who says that it isn't the big forums that think double posting is annoying and who says that smaller forums don't just copy rules from big forums and they don't really care about double posting. Until you ask every person in the world or find a statistic you have no evidence to prove what you say.

You are not my dad you can't tell me that you are going to have the final word and leave it at that and say i am right and you are wrong with no proof. And im not really getting pissed because when i am with you or christian im not arguing with you im just having a good time with you guys becaue you are great have i acted really mean to you or been angry when im with you during this discussion the answer is no.

I am still offering my first compromise under the condition that the second post is copied and pasted below the original. this is really not too hard to ask it would take 2 seconds and it is for slip ups.

once again i have not double posted since this discussion started and i learned you guys don't like double posting (except for the 2 times ive explicitly mentioned)so hopefully christian won't even need to do that im just talking about things we dont notice please this is not too much to ask. just accept the compromise there wouldn't even be double posting.

skip the three posts above this and go to the big one i edited that.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 11:46 am

OMFG. Type in double posting into google. See what that comes up with. I really dont want to talk about this anymore. Its not that hard to do. Just dont do it! And if annoys me and christian, you guys should be nice enough to just stop it. And this forum should run like all the others (thats my opinion) so ya. Just dont do it! I am NEVER going to stop this debate until you agree, so just agree. I'm not sure what you're compromise was, so could you please try to make that more clear? I think I understand it, I just want to make sure...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/IWAZB0RED
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:04 pm

wow jakob just agreed too. You are really obstinant and you have no good reasons to back up what your saying. Except for the google thing which is probably true except for that only expresses the large forums there is no statistic to prove everyone is actually annoyed w/ double posting. Since when have you ever gone to a forum except for this one anyways?

my compromise is if a slip up (double post) happens then he copies the text from the second post and pastes it into the first post underneath the original first post text. This way no ideas are deleted and the forum stays clean and tidy for those who care. Christian will not be implementing any more work than he does now because it is really easy to copy and paste. Hopefully he wont even need to impliment this technique very much because since this discussion started and people got concious of double posting and they stopped (even i edited a message 4 or 5 times in this thread because i stopped once this discussion started i don't think there has been 1 person who double posted this whole time.) once again this is just for slip ups that people don't catch.

This is very reasonable (in my opinion)please accept this. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Ok, first off, I used to go on forums EVERY single day. This was because I highly anticipated Halo 3. I read everything that was possible about it. I saw everytime someone double posted, they were hammered by everyone else, if not kicked off. The only exception was when they said "sorry for this double post, but...". The point was, people who double posted were obviously not supposed to. I just took this in as a rule and I assumed everyone else thought so too. Obviously SOME think not. It seems to me like you are agreeing with me with your previous post. I agree with that compromise, but I don't understand how you could accidentally double post. Wtf? I bet everyone has read this and are thinking someone should stop this argument (whether its me or you [and from your implements, you're making it sound like EVERYONE agrees with you]). So I agree to that compromise because you're pretty much agreeing with me and you don't even know it. I just don't understand how people could possibly double post again after this debate. But I will agree, because that pretty much agrees with everything I've said (except for how they could "forget"). And I really did follow Halo 3 forums back then and they only had a few people (like 20) when they started. I never joined because I thought you had to pay or something. And I didn't really know that much about Halo 3 anyways. So ya, pretty much agreeing to your compromise. I only want to make a few more visits to this page btw. Plz agree!
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 pm

well from the start i was basically agreeing with you (and i knew it and know it now i've know it the whole time) except i didnt like double posts being DELETED which was what was happening. Now that the exact info is being kept and not paraphrased or anything I have acheived what I sought to accomplish from the start.
I am glad a compromise has been made. :D
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Acolyte
Acolyte
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:46 pm

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scott
Initiate
Initiate
scott

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:05 pm

w00t !!!! pwn some n00bs!!!
lolololololoololololololol!!!!

DISSCUSSION CLOSED!
Back to top Go down
Crazychristian
Admin
Admin
Crazychristian

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Ok. Glad to have that solved. Are there any other things you guys want to work out? And if we discuss anything we should do it peacefully :lol:
Back to top Go down
https://icelabs.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please stop double posting...   Please stop double posting... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please stop double posting...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ice Labs Forum  :: General :: Off topic-
Jump to: